After AP Calculus, Advanced Auto Mechanics and Physical Education I was starving. Why the counselor signed me up for third lunch is beyond me. After, I showered and dressed I went outside to the hallway. I was late again for lunch. I would have to get two lunches I decided. I turned onto the gym hallway next to the cafeteria. Then I saw him. Charlie had my lunch too. He stood against the wall, obviously waiting for me. I looked at him with a huge smile on my face. “I decided to wait for you so we could eat together.” I knew he usually ate with James and Ludwig. I usually ate with Janet, Kaliyan and Amanda. I knew that this was kind of a big step. “Cool. Thanks.” He was amazing looking. I had a huge amount of grime. Showering was not my forte and I probably was gross looking still. As I got a school lunch to add to my home lunch as usual I kept on looking at him. As I sat down where both his and my friends were waiting and chatting he saw my other lunch. His expression was confused. “You have two lunches?” he asked. “Yeah didn’t you hear? Emma has the biggest metabolism in the world.” Janet responded hostilely before I could. I smiled. “Yeah and did you also hear about Janet’s anger issues?” “Not as bad as your cocktail personality.” “Well at least it is better then your introveretedness.” “Well at least I don’t need to be perfect at something to feel good at something. All you do is nit-pick yourself for not doing this and that amazing! Come on! You run great.” “I do not. I suck!” “No you just can’t deal with the fact that others are better than you at it. If your not first your last in your book.” “Not true. At math I know many people are better at it than me but I call it a good attribute.” “Only because you’re really good compared to so kids in the class!” “Oh can we please drop this!” “Fine!” Both Janet and I looked around. Both of us were standing up. About half of the cafeteria was looking at us. Especially the people at our table. If you could see their faces. It was really funny. It was a mid chew, mid eat type moment. They were open mouthed, What !!?!?! type expressions. Janet and I looked at each other, smiled and then broke out in laughter. We would never get into a huge fight like that over a stupid thing like that. Maybe the origin of the superbug, MERSA, but not this. We loved each other so much and we knew that most of the past “fight” was nothing but embellishments. The other kids went back to their lunches as soon as they were sure it turned into nothing more then a word match. Our table still was unsure. “Its okay. We were kidding. Gosh!” Then I dug into my food. I knew that if I didn’t hurry I wouldn’t be able to eat all the food that I got. Which would upset me because I would need all that food. The only pro on the late lunch. Well that and the fact that we got extra because they have extras from the other lunches. I looked up again from my stuffing my mouth. When I said that Janet and I didn’t really mean it Kaliyan and Amanda left it as that and went back to eating. They understood because they knew Janet and I. Charlie, James and Ludwig didn’t. They were all switching their eyes from Janet to me and back again. They didn’t understand that when we said it wee meant it. Girl stereotypes. Whenever people came and sat at out table they always misunderstood and thought that we really cared about that sort of stuff. Kaliyan and Amanda maybe, but not Janet and I. We were realists. We understood that no one knows everything on your mind at all times. No one could please you all the time. That being said it is best not to take everything too seriously and to not hold grudges. Life is too short for that kind of nonsense. “We really were joking. We aren’t mad. At least I’m not. Are you mad Janny? If so I’d like to know, and maybe why.” I said to address the boys’ worry so they could still eat their lunches before lunch was over. Janet looked up from the book she was reading during lunch. Then Janet spoke, “ Well I am mad at my mother for……. Well not you. Why would you think so?” I pointed my eyes at the boys sitting across the table. “Oh that.” Then James got caught up in what we were really saying. “You guys really were NOT fighting and really DON’T have a grudge on each other.” Janet and me answered in unison “No. Why would we?” “Well in my experiences with woman. I’ve had a few. Women have always been mad at something. Even from the slightest thing someone does. Now you guys just had a huge screaming match and you didn’t mean it. Nor are you mad at each other at all. Wow. This is a new one.” Janet rolled her eyes. “You think just like everyone stereotypical-minded person. You must never judge people first on the “norm” and then on their person. You must know them to make opinions and put them into sectors. Gosh.” Janet then went back to her sandwich. Amanda and Kaliyan were just enjoying their lunch just talking to each other because this was a “debate” conversation, not a “both sides benefit from the conversation” conversation, which are the main conversations that Kaliyan and Amanda enjoy. As lunch continued James and Janet got into a deeper conversation. Ludwig was enjoying the conversation that Kaliyan and Amanda were having. Charlie and me were just looking at each other in the eyes while eating. By the time lunch ending we had a staring contest, a debate and what probably looked like a normal conversation. The reality of all of this was that Charlie and I felt as though we were talking rapidly because it seemed as though we were looking into each other’s soul. While Janet and James were spearitly debating they each realized that they had a real feeling for each other. During Kaliyan, Amanda and Ludwig’s conversation Ludwig found how amazing girls were and finally made friends other than James and Charlie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment