BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Chapter 4

When I awoke I was screaming. I then muffled my screams. I looked at the clock. 6:15. I needed to get to school early and now was the time to get up. I dressed in a daze. All I could think about was my dream repeating over and over. Ate the first thing I saw, and raced out the door. I needed to know what was going on. My mind sometimes was really perceptive. I used to be friends with Shelby Michelson, the day before she told everyone I was a jerk I had a dream telling me that she would.

I knew now that that newspaper article was important. As soon as I got in the doors I starting going the computers. They had a school database filled with newspaper and book clippings and information. I knew I would find what I was looking for there. As soon as I typed in the words one article came up. I stopped cold.

It was a black and white photo of Charlie. The picture showed a bloody massacre on a old lamppost. Like the one in my dream. It seemed as though the media center had turned into ice. It seemed some of the words popped out of the screen to help my disbelief. Charles Woodsworth Hanson, Death, Accidental, Last Night, January 17, 1943.

"What are you looking at?" A voice behind me said. I jumped. Charlie blinked at me. "Oh nothing." I turned around and quickly ex-ed out of all my windows before he could take a closer look. Then, I looked around. I realized the media center had gotten crowded with the daily fill while I had been looking for the article. I smiled at Charlie. "How was your night?"

"Fine, a bit slow. Do you want to hang out this Friday?" "Really? That sounds amazing! I'd love to. I'll talk to you later about the details. I'd stay but my friends are expecting me." "Okay, see you later."

By the time I got out to the hallway I was breathing heavily. If that wasn't enough Kaliyan, Janet and Amanda were right outside the door, obliviously looking at me and Charlie, and waiting to bounce. They saw my weird look and sat me down at a bench. Once I calmed down they asked me whats wrong."My God what do you think?!?!?! The coolest guy ever asked me out on a second date." I exasperatedly said. They all smiled. Then I spoke lower."But I kind of had a creepy dream. I'll tell you on the way to my locker." As we walked down the hallway I told them about last night's dream and this morning. "So is he like dead?" Amanda asked. "That's what I'm thinking." I replied. "I know some might be freaked out and run away from the guy but as soon as I saw his face, my fears melted and I started to babble. I just am mystified by him. I can't wait for Friday!" "Wait you're still going to go out with him?!? After all of this?!?!" Janet almost yelled through the halls. I pulled her into the nearest classroom to get away from all the people's staring faces. "Yes, Janet. I am going to go on that date! IF IT REALLY MATTERS TO YOU I'LL TALK TO HIM ABOUT IT!" I whispered-yelled. Then I smiled,"I just really, really want to go out with him. I mean I'm 17! I've never been asked out by anyone before! Maybe some of the guys I've known a crush or two. Maybe. But never an actual boyfriend, or date! And I really like him! Please, please please please! Let me go out with him!" I looked at them hopefully. As they realized the importance of this to me they nodded in approval. "Yes!" I shouted. I was so excited. Then Amanda spoke,"But we get to talk to him before the date, to really get to know him." I sighed. "Fine. Gosh you'd think you were my mother!"But I walked out of the room happy. I had a date with Charlie.

0 comments: