Okay, this is a start on a story. I don't know if its any good. I always think my stories suck but others say otherwise. So here it goes.
"Ouch! Gosh Emma, will you watch where you step?!" Kaliyan screeched. She and I were best friends so I knew she would forget about it in a minute. But her outburst on me stepping back onto her open foot woke me from my daze. I was watching this mysterious guy, with beautiful black hair with flecks of brown and red and deep green eyes. They reminded me of Ireland, St. Patrick's Day and fresh cut grass. He was always hanging around after school on the brick wall. He would disappear before I could go talk to him. No one really knew who he was. I heard he was in someone’s band class, but no one really noticed him. The weird thing is that the past couple nights I've had a weird dream about him. He and I were under a pale moonlight and he kept saying, "Help me, come with me I need your help. Help me." I would never do anything I would just stand there unable to move, or say anything. I would always wake up really worried for him and confused.
Right now, it was late spring. Warmer than I would like. Here in Minnesota, it was always spring too quickly. I loved snow, winter, and cold. Except, when my toes were cold. My best friends, Kaliyan, Amanda, Janet, and I were going to back to my house to hang out. It was the weekend and they were staying over. We just got walking to the path to my house I saw him. I stopped in mid sentence and mid step. Making my foot fly downwards, onto Janet and Kaliyan’s.
"Sorry…" I said apologetically. They knew I was a klutz and I meant it.
"It's okay!" They all chorused. Kaliyan adding a "Gosh!" at the end. As soon as I knew everyone was okay, I looked back to the brick wall. He was gone. "Shoot!" They all looked at me. Then at the brick wall. "It'll be okay, Ems. You'll figure out who he is." Amanda said. She had a way of making everyone feel better. We headed down the wooded path to my house. My house was about a block from school. Every morning, I get to walk through the woods to get to school.
"I know I'll figure it out, but why do I want to so badly?!" I screeched. As I said the words, I jumped across the small brook, then into 3 large puddles. I hated being shown as a girly person. And at this moment, I felt really girly. I was always the tomboy of us all. Now I had this crush-like obsession. "I hate this. I don't even know his name. And as soon as I look at him twice, he disappears. At least you guys understand the boys you like. I know nothing except he plays the saxophone." I opened the kissing gate, grabbed the key out of my backpack and unlocked the door. We all walked in the small cottage-like cabin and dropped our stuff at the door. Then, I got a couple apples out, washed and cut them. Janet spoke, "You really need to lighten up about this. All we need to do is dig." She grabbed her backpack and took out her laptop. She pushed a button and sprang to life. She got onto the internet, went to the school website and went to Class Schedules. "Now, what band class was he in again?" I could almost scream with my excitement. Thank god for Janet and her amazing hacking skills. Tonight, I hopefully would find out who this guy was and why he was in my dreams.
0 comments:
Post a Comment