As the phone rang I choked. I slammed the phoone down so hard , my mother came running in to ask what was wrong. I didn’t hang up fast enough so that I didn’t hear the “Hello?” emmit from the line, in the voice of Charlie.
I decided to maybe right him a letter, or email, or at least plan out what I was going to sa to him if I got up to nerve to talk to him again. I opened up my laptop. A Dell, dark green cover. Seeing it reminded me of Charlie’s beautiful eyes. It made me think of how much I miss him. I shook my head and opened up Microsoft Word.. I started with a formal greeting remembering all the things that my English teachers have taught me over the years. I decided against it. Searching for an idea I went onto my Gmail account to see if anyone was on. Only Janet was on. Probably doing her homework on Google Docs and wanted to chat with anyone that came along. We had a weird conversation
Me: Janny! Hey! Wassup?
Janet: Nothing much. Just Science paper, and Civics homework.
You?
Me: Well, I finished my homework in class.
I mean really review day? Like homework was even needed. I mean class is for learning if you haven’t gotten it by then, you should drop it.
Anyway. I finished my homework and decided to call Charlie.
Janet: WHAT!?!?!
Oh no! What did you do!?
Wait. What did you say?
Me: I didn’t say anything. I hung up and decided to write him a letter.
BTW. I need help. I tried writing it in the formal letter fashion but it seemed so unconnected and cold. I mean what do you tell the guy you had your first kiss with after you run away from him.
Janet: Nothing apparently.
Me: I know right. She doesn’t even say basically anything. Well other than, ‘That’s stupid’ to my apolige.
Janet: Ummm Emma? Have you gone insane or something?
Me: I didn’t write that.
I mean it says I did but all I know is that is pooped up on the typing thing and then the actual message thingy!
It’s like the computer had a mind of its own! Weird!
Then I flipped back to my Microsoft page. Knowing Janet wouldn’t read it for a bit. Then in the middle of re-restarting my letter words popped up.
Emma, sorry but I need to talk to you. You just don’t really talk Charlie and well I’m his brother. He told me about before Auto Shop and I think that you need to understand something. Also, you need to realize that something is going on. I mean you’re changing. And that’s not good for anyone.
Then I wrote; What do you mean? Like what? I’m so confused. And I’m talking to my computer.
If I was just you’re computer could I do this?
Suddenly, James was there. “AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!” I screamed. “What the hell are you doing here?”
“Watch you’re language Em-em.” My mother yelled from the kitchen. I rolled my eyes.
“Emma. You need to understand that you are different and you getting in the way of so much isn’t helping anyone. I mean you could change yourself. Change the path but, you need to come with us.
Okay, Okay. Just a sec. “Mom I’m coming out for a bit with a friend. His name is James.” I then turned to my comp and wrote.
Me: Sorry! Fooled ya didn’t I? Well I gtg. I just had a great idea. See you tomorrow!
"Okay lets go. I’ll get my car."
"Woh there hot shot. Car? Really? THat will take forever. Okay just close your eyes and think of Charlie. Let his place consume you and your every thought. Picture him in you’re mind. Draw closer to him. Closer. Closer.thenn…… Open your eyes."
I opened them to find the most interesting, run down, lived in apartment there ever was. I turned around and said, “Okay where are you James? Why am I here? And how did we get here?” What I saw when I turned wasn’t James. It was Charlie, in all his glory.
"Emma? Emma? What are you doing here? And did you just poof in? How did you do that?" He asked.
"Well, James told me it was important. And then he told me to think about you and move closer and closer and then I ended up here. Where is he by the way?"
"He can’t poof. He is not a ghost hunter." He said with a saddened tone.
"What? Ghost hunter? HAHAAHAH! Why would you get a crazy thing like that?"
"Well by the fact you’re family seems to have the signs of an untrained amount of ghosthunterness/ghousthate. You have that joyness of pain, you can’t make a decision on things very quickly. Ghoust hunters feed of the pain of the dead dying again. They also can’t decide on a single thing, wheter it be to kill all ghosts or leave them, or torture. And where to send them when they die again. Most tend up in hell but some end up weird places.
"Others things like you’re cocktail personality. You change you’re mood and emotion and actions when different people are around. You like to blend in, which is needed to survive in the ghost hunting world. Many people that protect ghosts know the different secrets. What different things would cause them pain. They need to learn these things to help get more energy.
"And lastly, you’re piercing eyes, almost gray too. They show your heart growing into the cold thing that destories the departed soul’s last remains and give the ghost even more pain. The laugh and love and love for the pain of others and you. There is almost no mistake. You are a ghost hunter."
0 comments:
Post a Comment